Condominium Property Manager
A family-owned and privately held property management company, First Realty Management has more than 65 years of experience with the industry knowledge to match. We combine the resources of a large company with the personal touch and attention to detail of a small, local firm.
At the core of it all, our talented employees are what make us stand out above the rest. While we perform as a top-tier property management company, we strongly emphasize our close-knit, family-owned foundation. Professional growth is encouraged through a commitment to educational advancement and opportunities to learn from industry thought leaders. We create a sought-after community atmosphere by recognizing and celebrating those who go above and beyond. And above all else – we always put our team members first.
First Realty Management is seeking a Condominium Property Manager in Boston MA. Previous condominium management and experience with condominium boards is required. Ensures the efficient operation of a 106-unit High-Rise condominium community. Individual will provide exceptional customer service to residents; working with the Maintenance Superintendent, Concierge staff, and subcontractors to maintain the property to First Realty standards; will perform top notch administrative functions and respond to resident requests in a timely, efficient, and extremely courteous manner.
Ensures that properties operate within set financial guidelines by:
- Preparing annual property budgets;
- Regularly monitoring budgets throughout the year; and
- Preparing monthly variance and other financial reports.
Develops and implements management plan under the guidance of Senior Property Manager, delineating how property is to be managed by:
- Working with the board to determine their needs and what they are looking for;
- Operating in accordance with the governing documents;
- Preparing routine preventive maintenance plan.
Maintains and improves Trustee and owner relations by:
- Providing direct daily service to clients: answering questions, addressing needs, and solving problems;
- Coordinating monthly meetings: preparing agenda, preparing collateral materials, and reporting on the status of items from prior meetings; and
- Creating sense of community.
Ensures site is managed efficiently and effectively by:
- Supervising site staff;
- Supervising the work of the staff;
- Supervising subcontractors to ensure quality of work;
- Ensuring bills are paid;
- Collecting condo fees;
- Enforcing condominium documents, taking legal action when required;
- Writing all service contracts; and
- Conducting property inspections regularly.
Oversees and administers capital improvements where appropriate by:
- Obtaining bids from contractors;
- Writing contracts for jobs;
- Creating funding strategies;
- Getting board approval for projects not in operating budget; and
- Supervising and inspecting work to ensure effective completion.
Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of condominium property management practices
- Proven ability to effectively supervise staff and manage property
- Experience with vendor oversight
- Superior skills in leadership, judgment, initiative and discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand financial/ budget reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn quickly
Level of Education/Training/License:
- Other formal industry-related certifications, such as CPM and ARM, preferred
- Affiliation with CAI or other recognized condominium trade association
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred.
- 2-5 years experience with condominium property management.
- Supervisory experience
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, PTO/Personal leave
- 401(k) plan
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term disability
- Flex spending accounts & Transportation expense accounts
- Opportunity for professional growth and development